Gutter maintenance is often overlooked by homeowners until it’s too late and costly damage occurs.…
Spring Gutter Cleaning
After winter comes spring, a time of the year many look forward to for the warm weather it brings. It’s also the time of the year when flowers blossom, beautifying neighborhoods. Another thing that spring gives you is an excellent opportunity to do some thorough cleaning and home maintenance tasks.
As you know, there are many spring cleaning chores, and they can be tiresome. As a result, it’s easy to forget about one of the most important chores, gutter cleaning.
Why Is Gutter Cleaning Important?
While the gutters may look clean and in great condition from below, they may be clogged and damaged. So, taking the time to clean and inspect your gutters is necessary. Otherwise, you’ll reduce the lifespan of your shingles.
In addition, you’ll have to deal with the consequences of clogged gutters when the rains begin. These include:
- Water damage- Buildup of twigs, leaves, and other debris will cause clogging. As a result, there’s no clear pathway for water, forcing it onto the roof and walls, which will become damaged.
- Growth of mold- Clogging causes water to stagnate, making the gutter a breeding ground for mold. This mold can spread to the roof and walls.
- Pest infestation- The debris on gutters such as leaves attracts pests and critters such as wasps, ants, squirrels, and mice.
While gutter cleaning may seem like an inconvenience, it’s still something you cannot afford to ignore. Without it, the best-case scenario may involve dealing with pests and critters. However, if there’s water damage and mold, it becomes more complicated.
First, mold and damage put you and your loved ones at risk. Secondly, mold removal and doing repairs for water damage also come at a cost. Instead of leaving it to chance, be sure to inspect, clean, and repair gutters regularly.
Tips for Cleaning Gutters
Now that you know why it’s important to clean your gutters, it’s time to find out how to go about it. If you make it a habit, your gutters will remain in excellent condition for a long time. Here’s how to go about it:
- Gather all the equipment you need to clean the gutters. These include a ladder, strong rubber or plastic gloves, and a gutter scoop or sturdy plastic cup.
- Climb the ladder until your eye level is 2-3 feet above the gutter.
- Use the gutter scoop or cup to gently scoop leaves, dirt, mud, and debris from the gutter. Have a bag hanging beside the ladder to toss the dirt.
- After removing all the dirt, use a hose to rinse the gutters. To do a thorough job, use a high-pressure nozzle.
Gutter Cleaning Services
If everything goes well, you’ll leave the gutters sparkling clean. However, there’s also a chance that you may encounter some challenges, such as clogged or damaged drain pipes. If so, even if the gutters are clean, water will not flow out as you’d expect.
This is where our gutter cleaning services will come into play. We’ll send in an expert or two to clean your gutters thoroughly. During this process, they’ll also inspect the gutters and drain pipes. Any damage spotted will be repaired to ensure that your gutters and drain pipes are in tip-top condition.
Why Should You Choose Our Gutter Cleaning Services?
In fairness, it is possible for you to clean and maintain your gutters. However, the risk of not doing a good enough job is not worth taking.
At the Gutter Pros, we have a team of experienced gutter cleaners ready to assist you. Moreover, we have all the best equipment, and we’ll perform gutter repair if there’s damage. So, instead of worrying about climbing to the gutters, contact us today, and we’ll clean your gutters at an affordable price.